When Great Things Come in Three’s – there’s a Hacksaw nearby…
Snip, snip… stuck? Cutting through different materials can be a daunting task, especially when you don’t have the right tools for the job. It can even end up being a dangerous activity if you start cutting with the wrong blade. Here’s where the Hacksaw blade comes in. Hacksaw blades have been the go-to cutting tool for many professionals and DIY enthusiasts for years. They are durable and effective in their role and are often the perfect tool for the job.
But, what is a Hacksaw blade? A Hacksaw Blade is a traditional cutting tool for metal and non-metal materials. The blades are usually made from carbon steel, high speed steel and bimetal material.
However, finding the right Hacksaw blade can be a challenge as the blade has to be modified according to the type of material being cut and the size the material needs to be cut to. Having a different blade for every use is often a costly exercise.
Enter Lasher’s 3 Pack Hacksaw Blades. One of the key features of Lasher’s 3 Pack Hacksaw Blades is their innovative and reusable packaging. The packaging not only provides easy storage for the blades but also includes an informative guide to help you choose the right blade for your job.
This makes it very easy to find the right blade for your needs, no matter your level of cutting experience and without the hassle of searching through different types and sizes of hacksaw blades. But with so many different brands of hacksaw blades out there, why choose Lasher’s 3 Pack Hacksaw Blades?
Well, here are a few reasons:
- Lasher’s Hacksaw Blades are SABS approved, ensuring that they meet the highest standards of quality and safety. The SABS approval means that the blades have undergone rigorous testing to ensure that they are safe, durable, and can perform to the required standards.
- Lasher provides the only complete range of hacksaw blades on the market, making them the ideal choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive solution to their cutting needs. Whether you need to cut through metal, plastic, or wood, Lasher’s 3 Pack Hacksaw Blades have got you covered.
- The ease of storage and informative guide on the packaging make Lasher’s 3 Pack Hacksaw Blades an ideal choice for professionals and DIY enthusiasts who need a reliable and convenient cutting solution.
What are the different types of Lasher blades?
Lasher offers a wide variety of blades, perfect for any DIY or professional job you might have. Here are a few of the different types of blades on offer:
- Econoflex blades (Black) – This blade is a high-quality, induction hardened alloy blade, suitable for cutting mild steel, non-ferrous metals and plastics. The Econoflex blade is also designed to resist heat build-up and friction, which helps reduce wear and tear over time. This blade is suitable for DIY projects, home repairs, and general workshop use. It is available in 18 Teeth (material should be over 4mm thick), 24 Teeth and 32 Teeth, as well as a mixed pack. Overall, the Econoflex blade is a reliable, cost-effective option for the everyday user.
- Lashercut blades (Blue) – Designed to cut through a variety of materials, this all-hard artisan blade is made from high-quality, hardened and tempered carbon steel, which gives it exceptional strength and durability. The Lashercut Hacksaw Blade is also designed with an advanced tooth configuration that reduces chatter and vibration during cutting, resulting in a cleaner, more accurate cut. Overall, Lasher’s Lashercut hacksaw blade is a high-quality, professional-grade blade that is designed for industrial and commercial use. It is particularly suitable for cutting through hard and tough materials, such as stainless steel, aluminum, and cast iron.
- Lasherpro blades (Yellow)– The Lasherpro Hacksaw Blade is made from high-speed steel (HSS), which is a type of tool steel known for its exceptional toughness, wear resistance, and heat resistance. The blade features a precision-milled tooth profile that is optimized for fast, efficient cutting of hard and tough materials, such as stainless steel, high-strength alloys, and titanium. The advanced tooth geometry also helps to reduce chatter and vibration during cutting, resulting in a smoother, more accurate cut. Overall, Lasher’s Lasherpro hacksaw blade is a top-of-the-line blade that offers exceptional performance and longevity, making it an excellent choice for professional tradespeople and DIY enthusiasts alike who demand the best from their tools.
Why does it matter to use the correct Hacksaw Blade for specific jobs?
Selecting the correct hacksaw blade for a specific job is crucial for achieving a precise cut and preventing damage to the material being cut.
TPI on a hacksaw blade stands for “teeth per inch.” It refers to the number of teeth that are present on the blade for every inch of the blade’s length. The TPI of a hacksaw blade is an important factor to consider because it determines the blade’s ability to cut through different materials. Hacksaw blades with a higher TPI have more teeth per inch and are designed for cutting thin materials such as metal pipes or tubing, while blades with a lower TPI have fewer teeth per inch and are better suited for cutting thicker materials such as wood or plastics.
When selecting a hacksaw blade, it is important to choose a blade with the appropriate TPI for the material you will be cutting to ensure efficient and effective cutting. Using the wrong hacksaw blade for a job can cause a range of issues, from blade wear to poor quality cuts. For example, using a blade with too few teeth per inch (TPI) to cut through a thick piece of metal can cause the blade to wear out quickly and produce rough, jagged edges. Conversely, using a blade with too many TPI to cut through a soft material like plastic can result in the blade becoming clogged and producing a poor-quality cut.
To avoid these issues, it’s essential to choose the correct hacksaw blade for the material being cut. The type of material, its thickness, and the desired cut quality should all be taken into consideration when selecting a hacksaw blade. Some hacksaw blades are designed specifically for cutting through metal, while others are better suited for cutting through wood or plastic.
How do I maintain my Hacksaw Blade?
Proper maintenance of a hacksaw blade can extend its lifespan and ensure that it continues to cut effectively. Here are some tips on how to maintain a hacksaw blade:
- Clean the blade regularly: After each use, wipe the blade with a clean cloth to remove any debris or residue that may have accumulated on it. This will prevent the blade from becoming dull or clogged with material.
- Lubricate the blade: Apply a small amount of lubricant, such as machine oil or cutting fluid, to the blade to help reduce friction and prevent rust. Be sure to wipe off any excess lubricant before using the blade to prevent it from attracting dirt or debris.
- Store the blade properly: Lasher’s 3 pack packaging offers a reusable solution to store your blades safely and correctly.
A variety of cutting blades is a vital must in every toolbox, allowing you to tackle any project with ease and confidence. Lasher’s 3 Pack Hacksaw Blades offer an innovative solution for anyone looking for a hassle-free cutting experience. Their ease of storage, informative guide, and SABS approval make them the ideal choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive and reliable cutting solution.
For the right cutting blade for the job, connect with Lasher.